Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The beginning of an end


Alas, we have the book covers for the last Harry Potter book....feels kinda depressing after reading Harry Potter for almost 6yrs. I started to get hooked on the books during 2000 when my friend recommended it to me. At first, I thought that Harry Potter was the name of the author of the book rather than the title! Also, I admit that I was like those pple who initially thought that the books were promoting witchcraft and occult. But then, once I started reading it, all I realised that those initial reactions that I have were all poppycock or b**s*****!! The books are not promoting witchcraft, rather they are promoting the values of love, sacrifices and the choices that we make. I liked the quote form Prof Dumbledore who said that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow up to be. Also, he continued that the choices that we made determine who we are, rather than our personal background.


I will be waiting in anticipation for July 21st for the new book to arrive. For now, I still can't decide who version to buy - the American or the British


American Book Cover


UK Adult Book Cover


UK Children Book Cover

No comments: